Females Have Three Choices
Being a mother is the most beautiful feeling in this world! Imagine if you end up being mother not by your choice. Will you be able to bear the trauma on your mental health, physical health and your relationship? Pregnancy among young girls is a common global issue. At times they are not even mentally, physically, financially ready for it. Most of the time young girls do not even know about the choices or simple precautionary measures that they should adopt to prevent themselves from unwanted pregnancy. Not only young girls but every woman should be aware about the ways of preventing unwanted pregnancy. They should be educated about the choices available for them to enable them to make the correct choice. This article will provide insight on all the choices.
Girls have an overall of 3 choices to bot to become pregnant if they are not ready for it or the circumstances are just not right for them which includes : –
- Emergency Contraception
- Emergency contraception are meant for the time when a woman is with her partner and become intimate with him without taking any protection & worried about being pregnant.
- Facts needed to be known about these emergency contraception are :-
- They are easily available
- They are very safe
- They generally have minimal side effects, might be mild nausea
- They are well tolerated
- Emergency Contraception Pills are considered as one of the safest methods of preventing pregnancy.
- Oral Hormonal Contraception
- Emergency contraception pills, usually we talk in two terminologies and one should not be confused between the two:
- First one is usage of emergency contraception pills
- The other is the pills for emergency termination of pregnancy
- The difference is that emergency contraception pills are used for not becoming pregnant, while emergency termination of pregnancy means that a woman has become pregnant and she is not ready for having a child due to various factors and hence she needs to terminate the pregnancy.
- Copper T Intrauterine Device
- Emergency contraception can actually be continued with Copper-T for almost 10 years.
- Copper-T intrauterine device is the most effective method for emergency contraception to prevent pregnancy.
- It is a tiny T shaped object which is placed in the uterus/mother’s womb by a gynecologist in her office.
- Copper-T can be placed in the uterus/ mother’s womb up to five days/122 hours of being intimate.
Every woman should know that she can become pregnant within two weeks again if she is intimate without taking any precaution. When she takes emergency contraception pills, it works for only one time. While Copper –T effect is continues for as long as 10-12 years. Think wisely about your choices!